Tuesday 18 September 2007

Strategies

3.24pm

Mole asks Tim to write a stategy for performing the same text outside of the pattern in which he usually performs. Tim says 'Outside the pattern we usually perform?' Mole says 'Yes'. Tim says 'I have a pattern?' It's funny how they repeat what the other one says as a question all the time. Tim writes down his strategy and begins to perform. We watch.

We have one week
Seven days
168 hours
In this time since I wrote this it's become a little random a little confused slightly off
kilter
behind me there's no
no tickertacker board
The clocks
are
still
there
but but
we can see how they're put in place with wires and cables
Which is fairly obvious
There's no catwalk
There's no rostra
We see a mountain of sunglasses
There's a board at the back
It reads
Wednesday
Outside we can hear
Trees
and traffic
and noises and cars and
aeroplanes

But not at the moment
And whenever an aeroplane passes
We move an object
It all looks a bit shabbier than I originally imagined
I read this
Again and again
And it doesn't make
sense now
I've read this again and again
And it doesn't make sense now
And I don't know
What it means
I've stopped
Writing
And I've stopped
Reading
There's a television over there
And I don't want to switch it on
There's a television over there
And I don't want to wake Tim up
I'm Tim
I don't want to wake myself up
One week

No comments: