Friday 21 September 2007

Dot dot dot

It's January… It's the beginning… This is the beginning... I walk… I walk on... I'm wearing a coat. Oh sorry no… I walk on… You're wearing a coat… And I talk… I talk about things… I talk about you and I talk about me… I try to talk about the rules… I try to talk about what the deal is here… But before I talk about things... You walk off… You go for a walk while I… While I tell them things they didn't already know… I tell them what's on their mind… What's on your mind… I tell them things that I can't say… In front of you… I tell them things that I can't say... In front of you… So you go for a walk… While I get them up to speed.

This isn’t the first time this has happened… We’ve done this before… Many times… We’re professionals… I know what I’m doing and he knows what he’s doing… And what we’re supposed to be doing isn’t this and what we promised you in the publicity or in the brochures or whatever… isn’t what we’re doing now... It takes a while for us to warm up… It takes a while for us to get into it… It takes us a while to feel comfortable with our surroundings… It takes you a while to let yourselves go… It takes you a little longer to get to a place… where you leave all your baggage behind… It takes you about a third of the way into this for you to relax properly… And then before you know it… It will be dark again and we will be finished… And you might say to the person next to you… Is that it? Is that 55 minutes already… Is that 56 minutes already… Is that 57, 58, 59…

There are of course things we're just not telling you… There's supposed to be magic… Some mystery to what we're doing… We're supposed to take you somewhere else… And at this moment in time… We're still here… Still stuck in the future of the script… He will come on again in a minute… And we will move forwards… You will laugh at his appearance… But please don't… He will try hard... He will pull out all the stops… He will use all the tricks in the book… I haven't got long… So I just want to take this moment to give you some details… Some clues… You see… When he's not around I'm somebody… I'm someone who you can trust… I'm someone who makes you feel safe… But as soon as he comes back on I'm nobody… I'm lost and confused… I'm not sure… I'm not sure who I am… Or to be more precise… I'm not sure who I want to be… I talk about the weather… I talk about the weather in January... He's coming...

No comments: