Tuesday 18 September 2007

Pointing out

16.35

Yesterday Mole said 'Don't point that's an old Reckless thing.' I ask Mold and Tim the next day about pointing. Tim says 'Reckless copyrighted pointing!'. They describe In The Shadows when they had an empty space where they were creating worlds. There is a bookshelf here. And pointing these objects out. Tim says it became an automatic response. To point out. Tim reads the text again. He points to outside. He points to himself. 'I am on stage.' We can hear outside and we can see outside. An aeroplane flies overhead again. 'We've done this so many times now that it's stopped making sense.' If I wait here long enough an aeroplane will pass I am not here. I'm in the control booth. Tim is onstage. There's a television over there. It's not the same television as when I first wrote it. The first television was a much bigger television on a television stand. That television was a much more tempting television to switch on. I don't want to switch this television on because I don't want the distraction. If I switch this television on you'll watch the television and you won;'t watch me, I think we should throw this television out of the window. Like pop stars. This television has been Pat Tested. This television belongs to Leeds Met University.

No comments: