Friday 21 September 2007

Punctuation



Tim performs the first text. Written like a poem with short lines and no punctuation. It is slow. Stop. Start. And you can hear the pattern we talked about the other day. Da da da da da. It's hypnotic and you stop listening to the words. You just listen to the rhythm. So we try the second version with dot dot dots. I mention a phrase I heard where someone said 'It's like a dot dot dot not a full stop.' I turn every short sentence into a string of dot dot dots... and suddenly there is a different energy about Tim... he is correcting himself... and it sounds like he's thinking not reading... making it up as he goes along... Tim says 'Basically I wanted a way into the text - it's as if Mole is asking me on stage Can we recap? What's going on? Where are we on the page?'

No comments: