Friday 21 September 2007

Text

It's January
It's the beginning
This is the beginning
I walk
I walk on
I'm wearing a coat
Oh sorry no
I walk on
You're wearing a coat
And I talk
I talk about things
I talk about you and I talk about me
I try to talk about the rules
I try to talk about what the deal is here
But before I talk about things
You walk off
You go for a walk while I
While I tell them things they didn't already know
I tell them what's on their mind
What's on your mind
I tell them things that I can't say
In front of you
I tell them things that I can't say
In front of you
Because...
I talk about the weather
I talk about the weather in January
So you go for a walk
While I get them up to speed

This isn’t the first time
This has happened
We’ve done this before
Many times
We’re professionals
I know what I’m doing
And he knows what he’s doing
And what we’re supposed to be doing isn’t this
And what we promised you in the publicity
Or in the brochures
Isn’t what we’re doing now
It takes a while for us to warm up
It takes a while for us to get into it
It takes us a while to feel comfortable with our surroundings
It takes you a while to let yourselves go
It takes you a little longer to get to a place
where you leave all your baggage behind
It takes you about a third of the way into this
For you to relax properly
And then before you know it
It will be dark again
And we will be finished
And you might say to the person next to you
Is that it?
Is that 55 minutes already
Is that 56 minutes already
Is that 57, 58, 59…

There are of course things we're just not telling you
There's supposed to be magic
Some mystery to what we're doing
We're supposed to take you somewhere else
And at this moment in time
We're still here
Still stuck in the future of the script
He will come on again in a minute
And we will move forwards
You will laugh at his appearance
But please don't
He will try hard
He will pull out all the stops
He will use all the tricks in the book
I haven't got long
So I just want to take this moment
To give you some details
Some clues
You see
When he's not around
I'm somebody
I'm someone who you can trust
I'm someone who makes you feel safe
But as soon as he comes back on
I'm nobody
I'm lost and confused
I'm not sure
I'm not sure who I am
Or to be more precise
I'm not sure who I want to be
I talk about the weather
I talk about the weather in January

He's coming

No comments: