Friday 28 September 2007

Turning Points



There are a lot of things in my head. I need to get out. Tim's on the floor and he's floating. And he's like David Bowie. And it's about loss - I think of being with a loved one when they died - and it's about death and the end of the relationship. You know 'Let's take it slow.' And there's a turning point when Tim hits his head on the microphone when I say I've got a gun pointed at his head. And there's a turning point when you say 'swap'. And it's the turning point at the end of Space Oddity when Mole turns off the music and Tim says 'That works then' and the scene becomes a sound check. And there's a turning point at the end of the Dr Zhivago moment when Mole comes back in and says 'It's got an H in it.' These are all triggers. Pivotal moments. That throw us off course for a moment and take us somewhere new. And it's a see saw between me and Tim. The tussle for control and the wrestle between comedy and melancholy. But the counter weight is not very balanced. I think also it's a turing point for the audience. I think they might be trying to predict where we're going here and we're saying it could go in different directions and letting it take on its natural course. And if this is half way through then it's the natural place for a see-saw. I think we've created our world and now it's time to destroy it. Tear it down. There are a lot of things in my head. I think we should have a break.

No comments: