Monday 10 December 2007

Thank you

We spend the afternoon looking at the text working out what we've worked on and what we need to work on. We have the beginning and the end and in between we have the bits we haven't looked at - at the moment called The Pilots - Untouched. The first section of The Pilots - Untouched is called the First Trophy Text and it's an award acceptance speech. I wonder if this comes out of Tim being on the floor. His 'Please go on without me' text always sounded like a bad parody of an Oscar nomination clip and now I wonder if it was. And maybe he stands up and he takes a piece of paper from his jacket pocket and maybe he says:

Thank you, no really I thank you, I’m not kidding, please believe me…

I’d like to thank you.
No you
All of you.
For coming,
For listening.
For taking the time.

Stop

Its great to get this,
To receive this acknowledgement.
For all of the work, the struggle and the pain.
Its all been worth it, up until now I thought I was walking through the wilderness, I though that I was taking a pointless journey.

And this changes all that.

Ive never received anything like this.

No comments: