Wednesday 5 December 2007

Fade In

Tim is on the floor and Mole moves the mic over his mouth and then moves it away again. Slowly turning the microphone stand. It's like a manual fade in and out. A mechanical sound cue. Mole says 'I've been thinking about clouds, I've been thinking about foam parties in Ibiza, I've been thinking about gymnasts when they clap their hands and I've been thinking about bombs, clouds, smoke, steam, ash. It's the same thing. It's just particles, it's just steam.' Tim says 'Let's get a kettle onstage.' I wonder if he should keep talking about the kettle and making tea and coffee and being self-sufficient. Mole points out that in this section they are not having a conversation at all - they are on different planes. Maybe they talk to themselves rather than each other. Keep talking. Coming together for 'What's my motivation here.' 'Your motivation is this gun I've got pointing at your head.' The mic Mole fades in and out over Tim's face is now the gun he predicted earlier.

No comments: