Monday 10 December 2007

Somewhere here

Last week Tim and I worked together on what happens after Mole says 'Your motivation is this gun I've got pointed at your head?' and Tim head butts the microphone. It feels like he's dead but at the moment he's still talking. We find a piece of text on page 24. It's sad and mournful and it fits with Tim being still. Mole shifts his focus from Tim to the audience. The show travels from light to dark, comic to confessional.

Lift your head up and listen, you’re supposed to be quiet, you’re supposed to be paying attention, that’s the rule
I speak, you listen
You listen to me because I’m standing here.
I’m trying desperately to reconstruct something for you
I’m trying to make sense
I’m not lying; I’m not making this up.
This is all true,
This isn’t nothing this really happened.
It happened here and here and here and over there and there and somewhere here...

No comments: