Tuesday 19 February 2008

That's the end


At this point Mole takes off his trousers. He turns to face Tim and he is ten paces behind him. Tim says 'we are miles apart' and Mole starts to walk towards him. I want him to count to 10. Like the countdown before Ground Control to Major Tom. This is another moment of predictive text where we see something we have been told about in the past of the show. People walk in. A chair moves on its own. A mobile phone goes off. The show is riddled with interruptions that become a part of the show. Mole looks around him and says 'Is that my structural pillar?'. Already the show is responding to where we are. He says to Tim 'Is that my jacket? and Tim says 'No - it's very nice though.' Tim says 'Have you got my tie?' Mole says 'Do I look like an airline pilot?' about ten times and I say 'Yes you do.' Tim says 'OK I think we get the message.' Tim starts to feed Mole his lines. You say you're brilliant and Mole says 'You're brilliant'. We are into the text again. We have made it to the end. We have made another half of the show. The return journey is complete. Mole says 'I am doing nothing' and 'That's the end.'

No comments: