Thursday 28 February 2008

It's not changing


We're watching the video of yesterday's rehearsals and Mole says it feels a bit flat. I say what do you think it needs? More urgency. More energy. More emotion. More purpose. Mole says more direction I think. We're wandering around. I feel like we're stuck in this position of wandering and I keep slowing it down maybe we're too tired or something. Tim says I don't think it's too bad it just peaks and troughs I think. We just need more energy I think. For John I'm only dancing it goes up and then it comes down again. And if we play 'Club Tropicana' when Tim's on the floor it might pick it up again. Mole says 'Yeah'. We are not sure. It's not changing. We talk about the moment when he goes Fuck Fuck Fuck I've drunk too much coffee. Please someone take this text out of my hand before I explode. How it could be 'I'd drunk too much coffee when I wrote this.' And how Mole could be more upset in saying this. Like he is stuck in the future of the script. Folding the past into the present. The writing into the reading. And then when Tim has both copies of the script he reads from them both. Maybe moving from mic to mic. Before Mole asks him 'Is that all one person speaking?'

No comments: