Wednesday 27 February 2008

I'm in a theatre


Hello hello
Are we already here
Hello
It's annoying isn't it
What?
That clicking sound
Did Helen say she would introduce it
No I'll introduce it
So maybe we're here
Just larking about
Preparing
That's it the door's closed
Hello
Welcome to this thing...
Welcome to The Pilots (second half)
Some things you won't understand
Because we're going for page 9
I could give you a brief synopsis
But I won't becuase Tim won't let you
It's a work in progress
So it would be great if we could have a chat about it
Not you
Not just you
I don't know you
Although I'm sure you're very nice
We're having a book launch
It's a book about process
So it's a good time to be doing a work in progress
There's wine
I'm not sure how much it'll cost
Come back and see the finished show
It won't be like this it'll be different
It'll be in the theatre
I'm in a theatre


We had a meeting yesterday with the Arnolfini staff about the work in progress tomorrow and Mole decided he would introduce the show. We spend time working on the intoduction finding its way into the text of the work-in-progress. Half way through. Page 9. We talk about how even when they run the full show maybe there should still be a moment on page 9 when Mole mentions it would be nice to get some feedback after the show. 'It would be great if we could have a chat afterwards.' Maybe introduce a post-show talk. Or plug the book. Then realise where they are on the page and the stage and carry on. 'I'm in a theatre'.

No comments: