Friday 22 February 2008

Objects


Objects. They need to be set in the space. We need to know the journey they go on. I think I need to wear your shoes. Are they my shoes? We need a place for you to change. I don't like that distraction of you changing in the monologue. You've got a jacket at the beginning which you take off. And you've already got the shoes on. We need to change your trousers. Maybe I'm wearing two pairs of trousers. Like when you're going to a night club and changing when you get there so you're parents don't know what you're wearing. Stripping off layers. We need to work out what the trajectory of the objects are. The fire extinguisher. The microphone stands. The clothes rail. How do we incorporate lanterns. Maybe we rig them on the clothes rail. We need to try something else. Something new. Something different. Something without a history. But we are using objects which have a history to do it.

No comments: